URGENT – Adult Male Pitbull Mix Needs Rescue!!!
UPDATE: SEE article: Rocky Diagnosed…Rocky has been diagnosed with Parvo a lif threatening disease…
Update: Rocky is being accepted into the 4 Luv of Dog Rescue program. We hope to get him transported here to the Fargo area this weekend.
Rocky is a 3-5 year old male pitbull mix who is stuck in a regional impound facility. He desperately needs a rescue to take him in as he will be euthanized on Friday, November 20th, if no one offers him help.
Rocky is very friendly with people and does not jump up on them. He seems fine with the other dogs at the pound. He was introduced to a cat and was scared of her so would probably get used to them over time. He needs some leash training but he should be easy to train since he’s eager to please! Rocky is a favorite of the kennel workers and they really don’t want to see him euthanized. The kennel workers also indicate that he is very quiet as they have not heard him bark yet.
Reasons for euthanasia
* Terminal illness – e.g. cancer
* Extreme Behavioral problems – e.g. aggression
* Illness or broken limbs that would cause suffering for the animal to live with, or when the owner has insufficient financial reserves to pay for (or a moral objection to) treatment.
* Old age – Deterioration to loss of major bodily functions. Severe impairment of the quality of life.
* Lack of space – Some shelters simply do not have the available room to provide shelter for an abandoned animal. -4 Luv of Dog is a no kill shelter. We have had dogs in our care that have been with us for as little as a week or 2 and as long as 2 years…they are all loved and do all get adopted! That is the point there is someone out there for each dog we save and they do not need to be killed!
*Notice- Reason for Euthanasia Should NOT because animal is unwanted, out of room, etc. (Rescues such as ours do take owner-surrenders in certain circumstances-701-205-0190.) We as citizens of this world need to step up and offer to foster at very least. This is not a hard thing to do. Most rescues pay for care. food and so forth. The HARD part is when they go to forever home as fosters fall in love sometimes, but we know that this is best for our foster and we can cherish the time we did get to spend. PLEASE consider fostering and then do it!