Dogs in Need of Rescue from Regional Pounds!
UPDATE: We were able to bringh in Calvin and Winston. Brandy needs a commitment soon. * Please consider being a foster home.
We are aware of the following dogs in regional pounds that will need rescue soon if their owners do not come for them. We are unable to help rescue these dogs if we don’t have foster homes willing to care for them. Fostering can be the most rewarding and fulfilling thing a true dog lover can ever do to support dogs in need. Please help, apply to become a Foster Home!
The following dogs will need rescue commitment by 4pm on Monday, Sept. 21st : UPDATE: accepted by other organiztions
* Adult Husky, unique coloring, about 45lbs
* Black Lab puppy, very sweet and adorable! About 20-25lbs currently
The following dogs will need rescue commitment within the next few days:
* Adult, Yellow/Fox Red, Labrador Retriever – Very friendly with typical lab energy (Calvin) *SAFE
* Young Yellow lab/husky mix, very energetic and friendly (Winston) *SAFE
* Female Great Dane/Lab mix. Well behaved, sits and does not jump on you (Brandy)
The following dogs will need rescue commitment by 4pm on Wednesday, Sept. 23rd :
* Young Border Collie (mix?), very sweet dog, about 35lbs
* Adult Mastiff/Lab mix, very muscular but incredibly gentle, about 80lbs
* Young German Shorthair Pointer, timid but friendly, extremely emaciated – about 35-40lbs
The following dogs will need rescue commitment by 4pm on Friday, Sept. 25th :
* Young Chihuahua mix, nice dog, a bit timid but enjoyed being held
The following dogs will need rescue commitment by 4pm on Monday, Sept. 28th :
* Collie mix puppy, has not been well cared for as the dog is thin, with a pot belly (worms), and scabs/sores all over its entire body. This poor puppy will need a few months of recovery before it will be adoptable.
* Adult Lab/Retriever? mix, longer hair, very sweet, about 50-55lbs
**Just a quick note: These dates are not just a guide line. Most dogs are euthanized after the deadline date. PLEASE help with their rescue: foster, adopt, donate items/money, volunteer, support fundraisers. THANK YOU to those who do!
SO Lonley! This is not a rescue dog that we have BUT, put yourself in his/her place…ALL they want is your love….won’t you help?
The following pound dogs have been recently accepted into our rescue:
* Young Adult Puggle (Pug/Beagle mix) – friendly and energetic. (Pugsley)
* Young Cairn Terrier, very sweet guy, about 15-20lbs (Tony) (Adoption pending!)
* Young Pomeranian mix, quiet and timid but very sweet (Elvis)
* Young Labrador Retriever, old injury appears to be dislocated leg, very sweet & good natured dog (Casey)
* Adult Lhasa or Shih tzu, very docile and sweet. (Bumper)
* 4 year old Norwegian Elkhound mix (Esko)
* Adult Labrador Retriever, very excited and happy despite being at the pound (Bear)
* Adult Schnoodle. Very happy dog, about 20lbs (Cody)
The following dogs have been accepted by other local rescue organizations:
* Adult Jack Russel Terrier, very sweet and happy. About 20-25Lbs.
* Young Adult American Eskimo, very sweet and well-tempered dog, about 25-30lbs.
* Adult Collie/Shepherd (?) mix. Looks very Collie-like. Timid but very sweet, about 60lbs.
* Young, Jack Russel. Little timid at first. Owners have indicated that they will not come for the dog, how sad! About 15-20lbs.